Add pytest, pytest-django and pytest-html to global requirements

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 19:42:47 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 14:06 -0500, Matthew Thode wrote:
> On 20-03-11 21:01:42, Oleksii Petrenko wrote:
> > Adding pytest, pytest-django and pytest-html allows import of tests results
> > in xml, html formats for openstack-horizon. What do you think about this?
>
> I think the question is in refrence to using something that is already
> included in global-requirements (like stestr or something else).
>
> Also, here's the review https://review.opendev.org/712315
>
> Starting with stestr, could you explain why it was not good enough for
> your use case?
more of a general question if they are test only deps that wont be used at runtime which i think is the case in all of
the above do they enven need to be in Global-requirements? ignoring the fact that devstack installes all test-
requireemtes when it in stall packages which is a different topic if this is only used for generating html report for
tests then it seams liek we would not need to corrdiate the software version.

that said i am also curious why the normal html report that gets generated form our tox runs in the ci
is not sufficent. what does pytest-html add? is it just the ablity to do a local html report when you run tox manually?
or do you plan to use pytest-django and pytest-html to do some other testing that you cant currently do?