[nova][ptg] PTG participation

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 17:36:20 UTC 2020


On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 18:17 +0100, Bal√°zs Gibizer wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I've just got the news from my employer that due to COVID19 I cannot 
> travel to Vancouver in June.

>From a redhat perspective i dont think a decision has been made on if we should attend or not.
last time i spoke to my manager we were still waiting to see how thing progress with the assumtion we would attend
but we might want to plan for a virtual PTG (via video conference, etherpad and email) in the event many cant travel or
that things escalate to a point where the PTG event could be canceled.

i dont think the foundation has indicated that that is likely to happen but im sure they are monitoring
things closely as our employers will be so having a plan b might now be a bad thing in either case.
if there isnt a diverse quoram physically at the ptg it would limit our ability to make desisions as happend to
some extent in china. it would be still good to get operator feedback but they may also be under similar travel
restrictions.
> 
> cheers,
> gibi
> 
> 
> 




More information about the openstack-discuss mailing list