[nova] Breaking up and migrating the nova-live-migration job to Zuulv3

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 15:22:03 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I've started PoC'ing some ideas around $subject in the topic below and
wanted to ask the wider team for feedback on the approach I'm taking:

https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:nova-live-migration-zuulv3

My initial idea is to break the job up into the following smaller
multinode jobs that are hopefully easier to understand and maintain.

* nova-multinode-live-migration-py3

A simple LM job using the qcow2 imagebackend and LVM/iSCSI c-vol.

* nova-multinode-live-migration-ceph-py3

A ceph based LM job using rbd for both imagebackend and c-vol.

* nova-multinode-evacuate-py3

A separate evacuation job using qcow2 imagebackend and LVM/iSCSI c-vol.
The existing script *could* then be ported to an Ansible role as part of
the migration to Zuulv3.

Hopefully this is pretty straight forward but I'd appreciate any
feedback on this all the same.

Cheers,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76