[all][tc] What happened in OpenStack Governance recently

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Mon Mar 9 08:58:13 UTC 2020

Hello,

It's been a while there was no update on "what happened in governance
recently?" (February). So here is a summary for you!

We had two meetings since the last community update, February [1] and
March [2].

We have established our first (business-focused) upstream investment
opportunities for 2020, which currently consists of:
- Goal champions
- Consistent and secure policy defaults
- QA developers
You can see the latest version in [3].

The timing for the next PTL and TC elections is now determined [4].

We've introduced the ideas framework, allowing you to propose, follow,
and track large scale changes of OpenStack, with their conversations
history [5].

We are starting to split OpenDev out of OpenStack-infra.

Our next release names are Victoria and Wallaby.

In terms of community goals [6], we've changed the U goal for
documentation, so please have a look if you haven't already [7][8],
and/or talk to the goal champion Kendall (diablo_rojo). The 'Switch
legacy Zuul jobs to native' goal has been selected for Victoria. Please
talk to its champion, Luigi Toscano (tosky)!

On the projects' side, we've clarified the guidelines to drop official
project teams [9]. We want to retire teams more actively if necessary,
to allow us to increase our focus.

Some projects have changed:
- networking-ovn won't get releases anymore, as it's merged back into
neutron in U [10]
- neutron-lbaas was retired in Ussuri [11]

Have a good day to you all!

Regards,
Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)

[1]: