[sdk][congress][octavia][designate][magnum][senlin][swift] Adding project-specific cores to SDK

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Mar 5 17:54:49 UTC 2020

Heya,

I’d like to try something.

I’d like to try adding some project-specific people to the core team so that they can more directly help maintain the support for their service in SDK. In some of these cases the person I’m suggestion has next to no review experience in SDK. I think let’s be fine with that for now - we’re still a 2x +2 in general thing - but I know currently when reviewing neutron or ironic changes I always want to see a +2 from slaweq or dtantsur … so in the spirit of trying new things and trying to move the project forward in a healthy and welcoming way - how about we give this a try?

The idea here is that we’re trusting people to use their good judgement and to only use their new +2 powers for good in their project. Over time, if they feel like they’ve gotten a handle on things more widely, there’s nothing stopping them from reviewing other patches - but I think that most of us aren’t looking for additional review work anyway.

Specifically this would be:

  Shogo Saito - congress
  Adam Harwell - octavia
  Graham Hayes - designate
  Bharat Kumar - magnum
  Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson - senlin
  Tim Burke - swift

I think we should also add a file in the repo that lists “subject matter experts” for each service we’ve got support for, where we have them. My list of current cores who I’d ping for specific service suitability are:

  Sean McGinnis - cinder
  Slawek Kaplonski - neutron
  Dmitry Tantsur - ironic
  Eric Fried - nova (at least until tomorrow my friend)

How does that sound to folks?

Monty