[Swift] Errno 13 Permission denied writing objects xattr while upgrading from Kilo to Queens

Gui Maluf guimalufb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:44:15 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm struggling with something really wierd. 3 weeks ago I started upgrading
my Keystone + Swift Ubuntu environment from Kilo to Queens. So I moved from
Ubuntu 14.04 to 18.04.

I can create new accounts and containers. But no objects. I think between
Mitaka and Newton my storages started to throw Permission Denied error
while writing object metadata.

I saw that the piece of python code where I getting problem was changed in
Rocky version and in hope of getting things fixed I've upgraded storage
version. But the error persists.

http://paste.openstack.org/show/790217/

I've check everything I could, user, permissions, mount options. But I
still getting this error.

I wrote a python script for creating files and writing metadata within the
swift mount with swift user and everything works fines.

Don't know what to do anymore. This is a "dev" environment with two
storages only and a few disks.
Since I'm planning to do in the production environment I'm quite scared if
this happens again.

Thanks in advance

--
*guilherme* \n11