[goals][Drop Python 2.7 Support] Week R-10 Update

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Mar 3 01:49:42 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

Below is the progress on "Drop Python 2.7 Support" at end of R-10 week.

Schedule: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/ussuri/drop-py27.html#schedule

Highlights:
========
* We already passed the deadline but still work is not completed on this.
* Few tempest plugins are failing.
* I request projects again to merge the passing patches asap.

Project wise status and need reviews:
============================
Phase-1 status:
All the OpenStack services have dropped the python2.7.

Phase-2 status:
* Few Tempest plugins are still not merged. I am debugging a few failing plugins with the project team.
** tempest plugins are passing and ready to merge.
*** barbican-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704083/
*** cyborg-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704076/
*** magnum-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704069/
*** congress-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/694437/
*** 	heat-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704225/
*** kuryr-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704072/

** Failing plugins which need debugging and more work:
*** trove-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692041/
*** ironic-tempest-plugin: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/704093/

* Started pushing the required updates on deployment projects.
** Completed or no updates required:
*** Openstack-Chef - not required
*** Packaging-Rpm - Done
*** Puppet Openstack- Done

** In progress:
*** Openstack Charms
*** Openstackansible - In-progress. centos7 jobs are failing on few projects.

** Waiting from projects team to know the status:
*** Openstack-Helm (Helm charts for OpenStack services)
*** Tripleo (Deployment service)

* Open review: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:drop-py27-support+status:open

Phase-3 status:
This is audit and requirement repo work which is not started yet. I will start this once all the phase-2 work mentioned above is completed.

How you can help: