[all][tc] Moving PTL role to "Maintainers"

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Mon Mar 2 21:45:47 UTC 2020

Hi everyone:

We're now in a spot where we have an increasing amount of projects
that don't end up with a volunteer as PTL, even if the project has
contributors .. no one wants to hold that responsibility alone for
many reasons.  With time, the PTL role has become far more overloaded
with many extra responsibilities than what we define in our charter:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/charter.html#project-team-leads

I think it's time to re-evaluate the project leadership model that we
have.  I am thinking that perhaps it would make a lot of sense to move
from a single PTL model to multiple maintainers.  This would leave it
up to the maintainers to decide how they want to sort the different
requirements/liaisons/contact persons between them.

The above is just a very basic idea, I don't intend to diving much
more in depth for now as I'd like to hear about what the rest of the
community thinks.

Thanks,
Mohammed