[glance] Different checksum between CLI and curl

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 19:01:47 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 5:37 PM Sean Mooney <smooney at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-03-02 at 16:49 +0100, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Luigi Toscano <ltoscano at redhat.com>
> wrote:

> > > Do we have proper microversion support then? This is a blocker for
> cinder.
> > >

> > The ironic team has been successfully hacking around the absence of a
> > native microversion support for a while. We use ironicclient instead of
> > openstacksdk, which makes things harder. If you use openstacksdk, it's
> > easier to teach it microversions. In any case, I can provide some
> guidance
> > if you'd like to.
> >
> > Dmitry
> that is also problematic.
> by harcking around it it gives the ironic command a different behavior to
> the rest of osc.
> osc does support microverions it just does not support automatic versin
> negociation which is
> what you are hacking in.

Right, and it's a hard requirement for the CLI to be remotely usable.

> i do agree that it would be nice to have support for version negociation
> where by you could do somehting like
> --os-compute-api-version=auto to opt in to it but automatic microverions
> detetion does make it harder to do help
> text generation unless you make "openstack --cloud=my-cloud
> --os-compute-api-version=auto help server create" call out
> to keystone get the nova endpoint and then lookup its max microversion
> when you render the help text.

The "auto" must be a default. This is what the users expect: the CLI just
working. Defaulting to anything else does them a huge disservice (been
there, done that).

> with that said if adding --os-image-api-version=auto was enough to get the
> glance team to fully adopt osc
> then i think that would be better then partioning the community between
> osc and legacy client.
> osc should behave consistently for all projects however so adding
> negocaiton for ironic and not for other services
> is not a good thing imo but i guess you were able to do that as ironic is
> integrated as a plugin correct?

Yep. We could not wait for OSC to implement it because the CLI is
borderline unusable without this negotiation in place. I don't recall what
prevented us from updating OSC, but I think there was a reason, probably
not entirely technical.

Dmitry