[glance] Different checksum between CLI and curl

Tim Bell tim.bell at cern.ch
Mon Mar 2 16:59:24 UTC 2020

> On 2 Mar 2020, at 16:49, Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Luigi Toscano <ltoscano at redhat.com <mailto:ltoscano at redhat.com>> wrote:
> On Monday, 2 March 2020 10:54:03 CET Mark Goddard wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 06:28, Abhishek Kekane <akekane at redhat.com <mailto:akekane at redhat.com>> wrote:
> > > Hi Gaëtan,
> > >
> > > Glance team doesn't recommend to use OSC anymore.
> > > I will recommend you to check the same behaviour using
> > > python-glanceclient.
> >
> > That's not cool - everyone has switched to OSC. It's also the first
> > time I've heard of it.

From the end user perspective, we’ve had positive feedback on the convergence to OSC from our cloud consumers.

There has been great progress with Manila to get shares included (https://review.opendev.org/#/c/642222/26/ <https://review.opendev.org/#/c/642222/26/>) and it would be a pity if we’re asking our end users to understand all of the different project names and inconsistent options/arguments/syntax.

We had hoped for a project goal to get everyone aligned on OSC but there was not consensus on this, I’d still encourage it to simplify the experience for OpenStack cloud consumers.

Tim