Delegating and routing an IPv6 prefix to an instance

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 26 20:27:30 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-26 23:14:11 +0300 (+0300), Ruslanas Gžibovskis wrote:
[...]
> Create port and later assign some ip addresses to it then again some, then
> again... 5 in a go to ne safe, then sleep 60 sec and again openstack port
> set fixed-ip or smth like that... set it in a cycle :)
[...]

Not to break out the math, but I'm gonna hafta break out the math.
At that rate, you could assign a full ipv6 /64 network in
rough 117 *billion* (okay, US billion not UK billion, but still)
years. Not exactly after the estimated heat death of the Universe,
but let's just say you're going to need to move your servers out of
this solar system pretty early in the process.
--
Jeremy Stanley