[tc][networking-l2gw] Finish the retirement for networking-l2gw and networking-l2gw-tempest-plugin

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jun 26 14:21:31 UTC 2020

 ---- On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 00:05:34 -0500 Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hi,
 >
 > Development of networking-l2gw continues after its retirement from TC
 > governance.
 > We have open pending patches and released it for Ussuri.
 > I hope the creation of the new repository happens before the
 > retirement patch is merged
 > and README refers to the new repository so that existing users are not confused.
 > Does any coordination already happen, or does TC just want to retire it?

Yeah, that is where the confusion was and we did not complete the retirement during namespace
change time. Sorry about that and that is why we end up a situation like this.

Now TC is finishing all the un-completed retirements for many projects/repo, you can find all the
list in below etherpad
- https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-retirement-cleanup

And below repos are left with code under 'openstack/' namespace which was main confusion.
"dragonflow  networking-l2gw networking-l2gw-tempest-plugin networking-onos
 openstack-ux python-dracclient solum-infra-guestagent transparency-policy "

We are doing proper retirement for all those repos now.

Also if there is active team for any of these repo and they create the new repo location under x/ or any other
namespace in opendev then TC can update the README.rst to point to new location.

I agree this is not the best way but we do not have any other option than taking this step.

-gmann