[tc][networking-l2gw] Finish the retirement for networking-l2gw and networking-l2gw-tempest-plugin

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jun 26 14:16:40 UTC 2020

 ---- On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 07:24:21 -0500 Lajos Katona <katonalala at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hi,I think in the last few years I was the only maintainer of networking-l2gw.The project is still used and there are bugs and fixes for it. It is not as active as core projects, but not totally dead.The new namespace would be x/networking-l2gw (and x/networking-l2gw-tempest-plugin) I suppose, am I right?

Right, you can continue the development under any namespace in opendev other than 'openstack/', we have
documented the process in TC document also[1]

Also if you get more maintainers then you can re-apply to be under OpenStack governance
as per the new application criteria which is documented in this section[2].

And as Andreas mentioned, once we have the new location of repos then we can update the README file also,
please ping me or any TC members which have the right to edit the retired repo.

Also, we can update the OpenStack projects which have code dependencies on networking-l2gw
like  networking-midonet and networking-old to point to new location of repo.

We might need to do these for few other retired repo also which we are clearing now
- https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-retirement-cleanup

Thanks for your response and for taking care of forking the new repo.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/dropping-projects.html#continue-development
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/dropping-projects.html#re-becoming-official-openstack-project

-gmann