[kolla] Introducing Kolla Kalls

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:59:08 UTC 2020

Hi fellow OpenStackers!

During yesterday's Kolla meeting [1] I have proposed to have more
focused, voice-based sessions related to Kolla development, similarly
to what we have for operators with Kolla Klub [1]. The immediate
response was rather positive and the name Kolla Kalls has been coined.
Since Kolla Klub is running every other Thursday at 15:00 UTC, we
decided to use the alternate weeks slot for Kolla Kalls but this can
change if need arises.

Kolla Kalls got their wiki page already [3] where the agenda will be posted.
The first Kall is scheduled on July 9, 15:00 UTC (i.e. in two weeks
time from today).
The agenda for the first Kall is mostly about trying this meeting
approach out. The hottest topic from our PTG is the
quality/completeness of our documentation so it is a good topic for
our first few sessions. It is likely going to involve CI testing
discussions as well.

The platform has not been decided on yet. We plan to give OpenDev's
Meetpad a test ride and fall back to Google Meet which we practiced
well with Kolla Klub and similar events - if Jitsu breaks for us.
I learnt Meetpad does not (yet) support recording but we plan to
document the meeting in a text form anyhow so we should be fine.

Everyone interested in developing Kolla projects, that is Kolla,
Kolla-Ansible and/or Kayobe is welcome to join the Kalls.
The Kalls will be development-oriented and focus on topics such as
implementation discussion, change planning, release planning and
housekeeping.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/kolla/2020/kolla.2020-06-24-15.01.html
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EwQs2GXF-EvJZamEx9vQAOSDB5tCjsDCJyHQN5_4_Sw
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Kolla/Kall