[Interop_WG] Following up on Interop Ussuri cycle actions to close - need help

prakash RAMCHANDRAN pramchan at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 19:21:31 UTC 2020

 Hi all,

Help  interop for
1 - Reviewed of content for "OpenStack Powered DNS" and "OpenStack Powered Orchestration"We need to update the site - https://www.openstack.org/brand/interop/
Add to site following in the tables? Volunteers? - please first cum first serve !!!

OpenStack Powered with Orchestration`

Must include all compute-specific and orchestration heat-specific code and pass all compute-specific and heat-specific capabilities tests.
Qualifying products may use the OpenStack Powered logo and use the phrase "OpenStack Powered with Orchestration" in their product name.

OpenStack Powered with DNS

Must include all compute-specific and DNA designate-specific code and pass all compute-specific and designate-specific capabilities tests

Qualifying products may use the OpenStack Powered logo and use the phrase "OpenStack Powered with DNS" in their product name

 2 - Marketplace Vendors to validate their OpenStack Powered offers for Ussuri This can be tested on https://refstack.openstack.org/#/community_results

Has anyone tested their distros for Ussuri?Yes indeed : VMware Integrated OpenStack (7.0), Can you make it official with a rerun please - as I could not see in Marketplace?Congratulations  to Mark and VMware for stepping up.
Please let us know who all can earn the incentive to clear before June 29, OpenDev - Please do it asap, we plan to decare incentivize, those products that clear before End of June.
3. Can any one help from Staff to update the formality to make "one or more co-chairs" in B192#link https://review.opendev.org/gitweb?p=openstack/interop.git;a=blob;f=doc/source/process/2017A.rst;h=a8...

4. #info-error fixed updated the google docs for interops on CinderV2 apis being removed , correction it should have appeared as deprecated in 2019.11 , no issues as we have now removed it out in 2020.06 approval#link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vf8rxKxuFoXmZCxfMIIfHm4TzK1kuANktXyUHiurMcE/edit?userstoinvite=s...5. - Formation new committee for Future Interop work - we discuss this before OpenDev June 29 and help get approvals next Board meeting Some suggestions: Add yours here below if anya)  consider Conformance vs Compliance to keep off legal part for new certifications or Logo programsb) Powered Programs for Object Storage has no dependency on compute, can it just be made Swift API dependent? This will mean any Object Storage that is currently tested can also be extended to Vendor backends as long as they pass current Swift API testing for Object Storage?...
6. Data points from MarketPlace?
 Please comment as how we collect Marketplace data - How customers use the Marketplace? Can we get Data points from Marketplace? If so How? Any answers from TC community or Users Community folks?
7. Does Tempest testing Infra provider/Vendors offerings occur in real time or you run a batch and send report to interop and who receives this test results?

Appreciate all the help from especially Mark, Ghanshyam and we like to have all support for community for interop continuation.
   ThanksPrakash