[nova][ptg] Runway process in Victoria
balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Thu Jun 4 11:58:50 UTC 2020
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 17:42, Balázs Gibizer
<balazs.gibizer at est.tech> wrote:
> [This is a topic from the PTG etherpad . As the PTG time is
> intentionally kept short, let's try to discuss it or even conclude it
> before the PTG]
> In the last 4 cycles we used a process called runway to focus and
> timebox of the team's feature review effort. However compared to the
> previous cycles in ussuri we did not really keep the process running.
> Just compare the length of the Log section of each etherpad
>  to see the difference. So I have two questions:
> 1) Do we want to keep the process in Victoria?
> 2) If yes, how we can make the process running?
> 2.1) How can we keep the runway etherpad up-to-date?
> 2.2) How to make sure that the team is focusing on the reviews that
> are in the runway slots?
> Personally I don't want to advertise this process for contributors if
> the core team is not agreed and committed to keep the process running
> as it would lead to unnecessary disappointment.
We made the following agreement during the yesterday's PTG sessions.
* gibi will drive the runway slot effort during V by:
* creating and keeping the etherpad up-to-date
* announce changes in slot occupancy on IRC
* try to find cores _before_ adding a patch series to an empty slot
* mention features in the slots on the weekly meeting
* We will try not to have two meaty features in the slots at the same
* We will handle the two weeks timeout as a soft rule by looking at the
series before kicking it out from the slot.
* We agree to keep 3 slots
>  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-victoria-ptg
>  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-runways-rocky
>  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-runways-stein
>  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-runways-train
>  https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-runways-ussuri
More information about the openstack-discuss