[nova][ptg] Feature Liaison

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Thu Jun 4 11:50:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 17:40, Balázs Gibizer
<balazs.gibizer at est.tech> wrote:

> On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 10:09, Ghanshyam Mann
> <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote:
>>  ---- On Mon, 25 May 2020 04:31:41 -0500 Sylvain Bauza
>> <sbauza at redhat.com> wrote ----
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:56 PM Balázs Gibizer
>> <balazs.gibizer at est.tech> wrote:
>>  > Hi,
>>  >
>>  > [This is a topic from the PTG etherpad [0]. As the PTG time is
>>  > intentionally kept short, let's try to discuss it or even
>> conclude it
>>  > before the PTG]
>>  >
>>  > Last cycle we introduced the Feature Liaison process [1]. I think
>> this
>>  > is time to reflect on it.
>>  > Did it helped?
>>  > Do we need to tweak it?
>>  >
>>  > Personally for me it did not help much but I think this is a
>> fairly low
>>  > cost process so I'm OK to keep it as is.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > Cool with me. Maybe we could just tell it's optional, so we could
>> better see who would like to get some mentor for them.
>>
>> +1 on optional and keep it for new contributors which can be any
>> time in the future. So at least if anyone asks we can tell this is
>> how you can get some dedicated Core for your code review/help.
>
> I see that those who responded so far are pretty aligned about the
> future of the Feature Liaison, so I proposed an update for the
> Victoria spec template [1] to make this optional. Feel free to
> continue the discussion here or directly in the review.

We touched this during the PTG session yesterday. I think we are in
agreement to make this optional. I made one more update to the spec
template about finding a liaison. I think the template update patch [1]
is ready to be merged.

Cheers,
gibi

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/730638