[all] OpenStack versions that can't practically be run with Python 3 ?

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Tue Jun 2 15:05:13 UTC 2020

W dniu 02.06.2020 o 13:34, Neil Jerram pisze:
> Does anyone know the most recent OpenStack version that _can't_ easily be
> run with Python 3?  I think the full answer to this may have to consider
> distro packaging, as well as the underlying code support.

My simple view of OpenStack suggestion:

Stein: you can run py2 but should work on getting py3 running
Train: you need to run py3 and can still run on py2
Ussuri: what is that py2 people ask about?

So if you want py2 then Train is the last hope.

Migration path for CentOS (in Kolla, RDO and TripleO) is:

1. upgrade to C7/Train
2. migrate to C8/Train
3. migrate to C8/Ussuri