[cyborg][ptg] Cyborg PTG Summary for the Day — Come in series

yumeng bao yumeng_bao at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 13:02:52 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Thanks for all your participation! We’ve conducted a successful meeting on the first day despite some network crash during the meeting. Zoom Records will be uploaded and shared later at the end of PTG.

Today, We’ve mainly discussed:

1. more nova operations support

[Agreement] In the victoria release, we will work on rebuild/evcaute, suspend/resume, shelve/unshelve and resize operations. binding/unbinding will be left for future release, but as a longterm goal, we can keep discussion once there are good ideas.

[Action] bring up nova operations to nova-cyborg cross project sessions: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-victoria-ptg

2. placement/cyborg-db data consistency:
[Agreement] We need decouple placement data report and cyborg-db update in conductor diff.
[Solution discussed] add a new object such as placement_object to sync with placement, and do placement diff independently.
But how to collect the cyborg-specific data from placement? get all and filter in cyborg???

We will continue this issue tomorrow.

Tomorrow, we will discuss:

1. Placement and cyborg-db consistency issue;
2. Support new drivers: Intel QAT and Inspur FPGA drovers;
3. Driver Program API;
4. Should we support API attribute?

See you tomorrow at 6:00 UTC!
For More details please see https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-victoria-goals