[cinder] new driver merge deadline has passed

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 00:27:32 UTC 2020

This is a notification that the Cinder new driver merge deadline for
Victoria has passed [0].

At yesterday's Cinder team meeting, we discussed Walt's work on the
ceph-iscsi driver [1], and the team came to a consensus that we will
extend the deadline *for this driver only* into the R-9 week (cinder
midcycle meeting 2 week), which will make the deadline for the
ceph-iscsi driver Thursday 13 August 23:59 UTC.

This is an extraordinary step, as traditionally Cinder has strictly
enforced the new driver merge deadline.  The reasons for this exception are:

- this is a community driver

- the check/gate jobs for this driver will be run from the cinder zuul
configuration, not a third-party CI system, so the cinder team has full
transparency into the working state of the CI system

I want to emphasize again that this is an extraordinary event, and as
such, should not be expected to set a precedent beyond the Victoria
development cycle.  And, of course, this deadline extension is not a
guarantee that the driver will be included in the Victoria release.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,
brian

[0]
https://releases.openstack.org/victoria/schedule.html#v-cinder-driver-deadline
[1]