[ops] Reviving OSOps ?

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Jul 27 17:58:30 UTC 2020

>> If Osops should be considered distinct from OpenStack
>
> That feels like the wrong statement to make, even if only implicitly
> by repo organization. Is there a compelling reason not to have osops
> under the openstack namespace?

I think it makes the most sense to be under the openstack namespace.

We have the Operations Docs SIG right now that took on some of the
operator-specific documentation that no longer had a home. This was a
consistent issue brought up in the Ops Meetup events. While not "wildly
successful" in getting a bunch of new and updated docs, it at least has
accomplished the main goal of getting these docs published to
docs.openstack.org again, and providing a place where more collaboration
can (and occasionally does) happen to improve those docs.

I think we could probably expand the scope of this SIG. Especially
considering it is a pretty low-volume SIG anyway. I would be good with
changing this to something like the "Operator Docs and Tooling SIG" and
getting any of these useful tooling repos under governance through that.
I personally wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time working on anything
under the SIG, but I'd be happy to keep an eye out for any new reviews
and help get those through.

Sean