[Zaqar][Project-Update]Encrypted Messages in Queue is coming !

hao wang sxmatch1986 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 00:54:35 UTC 2020

Hi, stackers,

In Victoria, the queue in Zaqar will support to encrypt messages
before storing them into
storage backends, also could support to decrypt (or not) messages when
those are claimed by consumer. This feature will enhance the security
of the messaging service.

As you may know, currently, Zaqar can't encrypt any messages and just
store those messages into
storage backends. That'll bring some security issues like information
leakage or hacker attack.
So depending on this feature, we have a basic mechanism to protect
user's data from those
security threats.

Now we will support the encryption algorithm AES-256 at first, we
consider bringing more capacities in the future like supporting RSA
and letting users chose what they want to use.

Finding more details in [1] and now the code patch is ready for reviewing [2].
Welcome to anyone who's interested in this new feature!

[1]https://review.opendev.org/#/c/731102/4
[2]https://review.opendev.org/#/c/738736/