[Openstack-mentoring] Neutron subnet with DHCP relay - continued

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Wed Jul 15 19:07:03 UTC 2020

Hi Thomas,

I have a bit complicated setup from tripleo side :) I use only one network
(only ControlPlane). thanks to Harold, he helped to make it work for me.

Yes, as written in the tripleo docs for leaf networks, it use the same
neutron network, different subnets. so neutron network is ctlplane (I
think) and have ctlplane-subnet, remote-provision and remote-KI :)) that
generates additional lines in "ip r s" output for routing "foreign" subnets
through correct gw, if you would have isolated networks, by vlans and ports
this would apply for each subnet different gw... I believe you
know/understand that part.

remote* subnets have dhcp-relay setup by network team... do not ask details
for that. I do not know how to, but can ask :)

in undercloud/tripleo i have 2 dhcp servers, one is for introspection,
another for provide/cleanup and deployment process.

all of those subnets have organization level tagged networks and are tagged
on network devices, but they are untagged on provisioning interfaces/ports,
as in general pxe should be untagged, but some nic's can do vlan untag on
nic/bios level. but who cares!?

I just did a brief check on your first post, I think I have simmilar setup
to yours :)) I will check in around 12hours :)) more deaply, as will be at
work :)))

P.S. sorry for wrong terms, I am bad at naming.