[ops][cinder] festival of EOL - ocata and pike

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 21:14:51 UTC 2020

Lee Yarwood recently announced the change to 'unmaintained' status of
nova stable/ocata [0] and stable/pike [1] branches, with the clever idea
of back-dating the 6 month period of un-maintenance to the most recent
commit to each branch.  I took a look at cinder stable/ocata and
stable/pike, and the most recent commit to each is 8 months ago and 7
months ago, respectively.

The Cinder team discussed this at today's Cinder meeting and agreed that
this email will serve as notice to the OpenStack Community that the
following openstack/cinder branches have been in 'unmaintained' status
for the past 6 months:
- stable/ocata
- stable/pike

The Cinder team hereby serves notice that it is our intent to ask the
openstack infra team to tag each as EOL at its current HEAD and delete
the branches two weeks from today, that is, on Wednesday, 22 July 2020.

(This applies also to the other stable-branched cinder repositories,
that is, os-brick, python-cinderclient, and python-cinderclient-extension.)

Please see [2] for information about the maintenance phases and what
action would need to occur before 22 July for a branch to be adopted
back to the 'extended maintenance' phase.

On behalf of the Cinder team, thank you for your attention to this matter.

cheers,
brian

[0]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-July/015747.html