[TC] [all] OSU Intern Work

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Jul 2 22:08:12 UTC 2020

---- On Thu, 02 Jul 2020 16:45:00 -0500 Kendall Nelson <kennelson11 at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hello!
 > As you may or may not know, the OSF funded a student at Oregon State University last year to work on OpenStack part time. He did a lot of amazing work on Glance but sadly we are coming to the end of his internship as he will be graduating soon. I'm happy to report that we have the budget to fund another student part time to work on OpenStack again and I wanted to collect suggestions of projects/areas that a student could be helpful in.
 > It is important to note, that they will only be working part time and, while I will be helping to mentor them, I will likely need a co-mentor in the area/topic to help me get them going, get their patches reviewed, answer questions as they go etc.
 > Originally, I had thought about assigning them to Glance (like this past year) or Designate (like we had considered last year), but now I am thinking the User Facing API work (OpenStackSDK/OSC/et al) might be a better fit? If you are interested in helping mentor a student in any of those areas or have a better idea I am all ears :)
 > I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks Kendal for starting this.

+100 for OSC help.

Also we should consider upstream-investment-opportunities list which is our help needed things in community and
we really look for some help on that since starting. For example, help on 'Consistent and Secure Policy Defaults' can
be good thing to contribute which is a popup team in this cycle too[2], Raildo and myself can help for mentorship in this.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/upstream-investment-opportunities/2020/index.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/popup-teams.html#secure-default-policies

-gmann