[tripleo][validations] new Validation Framework demos

Mathieu Bultel mbultel at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 15:05:21 UTC 2020

Hey TripleO,

I have recorded three demos with the new Validation Framework (VF):
1st demo is similar to what Gael did few months ago but with the new code
refactored (validations-libs/validations-common projects):
https://asciinema.org/a/NRLULghjJa87qxRD9Nfq0FYoa

2nd demo is a use of the VF without any openstack/TripleO prerequisite, on
a fresh and empty Ubuntu docker container, with only validations-libs and
validations-common projects.
It shows that only with a apt-get install git and python3-pip and with a
basic python project installation we can run validations and use the
framework:
 https://asciinema.org/a/2Jp9LZbN0xhJAR09zIpI6OpuB

So it can answer a few demands such as:
    How to run validations as prep undercloud installation ?
    How to run validations on a non-openstack project ?
    What are the bare minimum requirements for being able to run
Validations on a system ?        May I run Validation remotely from my
machine ? etc...

The third one is mainly related to the deployment itself of TripleO.
By using a simple PoC (https://review.opendev.org/#/c/724289/), I was able
to make TripleO consuming the validations-libs framework and validation
logging callback plugin.
So it shows in this demo how the deploy steps playbook can be logged,
parsed and shown with the VF CLI. This can be improve, modify & so on of
course... it's basic usage.
https://asciinema.org/a/344484
https://asciinema.org/a/344509

Mathieu.