[all][requirements][qa] zipp failing py3.5 again

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 31 21:36:46 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-31 17:56:50 +0100 (+0100), Radosław Piliszek wrote:
> Yeah, we had pyenv conversations with qa and infra folks.

For the auto-generated constraints updates we could just generate
them on representative platforms in separate jobs (or a
multi-platform multinode job, though that's just additional
complexity for no real gain over multiple jobs).

> OTOH, I don't think it would be that hard to get that PyPI info.

The main challenge I foresee with that is you'll need to reimplement
pip's logic around identifying what the highest supported version of
a package is for each interpreter you care about. It's more than
just knowing what interpreters a particular package version
supports.

> Anyways, I believe we want to follow one u-c approach as multiple
> add the burden on user to use the proper one.
[...]

There's also a hybrid option, where you generate per-interpreter
constraints files but then merge them, and automatically add an
environment marker anywhere there's a difference. That allows you
to continue to rely on pip's existing ability to identify the latest
supported version of a package for each interpreter.
--
Jeremy Stanley