[cinder][nova] Migrating servers' root block devices from a cinder backend to another

Jean-Philippe Méthot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Thu Jan 30 14:12:07 UTC 2020

> Assuming you're using the Libvirt driver, a hackaround here is to cold
> migrate the instance to another host, this refreshes the connection_info
> from c-api and should allow the instance to boot correctly.

Indeed I hadn’t thought of this. If migrations updates the block_device_mapping from the cinder DB entry, I will not need to make any database modifications.

Thank you for your help, it’s strongly appreciated.

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack
PlanetHoster inc.