[kolla] ujson issue affected to few containers.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 02:23:35 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure it should be bug report or not. So I email out about this
issue.

In these days, I found the Rocky source deployment always failed at
Ceilometer bootstrapping. Then I found it failed at ceilometer-upgrade.
So I tried to looking at ceilometer-upgrade.log and the error shows it
failed to import ujson.

https://pastebin.com/nGqsM0uf

Then I googled it and found this issue is already happened and released
fixes.
https://github.com/esnme/ultrajson/issues/346

But it seems like the container still using the questionable one, even
today (Jan 30 UTC+8).
And this not only affected to Ceilometer, but may also Gnocchi.

I think we have to patch it, but not sure about the workaround.
Does anyone have good idea?

Many thanks,
Eddie.