[goals][Drop Python 2.7 Support] Week R-15 Update (# 2.5 weeks left to complete)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Jan 30 01:50:23 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

Below is the progress on "Drop Python 2.7 Support" for R-15 week.

Schedule: https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/ussuri/drop-py27.html#schedule

Highlights:
========
* Schedule is to finish the py2-drop from every deliverable (except requirement repo) by m-2 on R13.
Only 2.5 weeks left to finish the work.

* There are still cases where Tempest and plugins does not work due to py2 drops. New plan & option has been sent
in separate ML thread [1] and work in progress.

* Few services merged the patches but not all. If your project is in the below list, I request PTLs to review it on priority.

Project wise status and need reviews:
============================
Phase-1 status:
The OpenStack services have not merged the py2 drop patches:
NOTE: This was supposed to be completed by milestone-1 (Dec 13th, 19).

* Adjutant
* Karbor
* Masakari
* Tacker
* Qinling
* Tricircle

Phase-2 status:
This is ongoing work and I think most of the repo have patches up to review.
Try to review them on priority. If any query and I missed to respond on review, feel free to ping me
in irc.

* Open review: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:drop-py27-support+status:open

How you can help:
- Review the patches. Push the patches if I missed any repo.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-January/012241.html

-gmann