[cinder][ci] Cinder drivers being Unsupported and General CI Status ...

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jan 24 09:28:21 UTC 2020

Tony Pearce wrote:
> Hi all, a suggestion for the drivers which are not being supported from
> the vendor and as such are being removed from Openstack. Could the
> removed drivers be maintained in Openstack's git? And make them
> available on the marketplace as an optional download for users that
> require it?

I still hope those vendors will step up and fix the continuous
integration testing in their drivers so that they can stay in the
mainline cinder repository. That would be the best outcome.

But if they don't, they could totally continue to be maintained on our
infrastructure, using a separate organization/namespace to make it clear
they are not maintained/supported by the "OpenStack" project.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)