[ironic][nova][neutron][cloud-init] Infiniband Support in OpenStack

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Wed Jan 22 11:00:14 UTC 2020

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 at 08:37, Kumari, Madhuri <madhuri.kumari at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>

> Thanks for your response. I read the blog and my requirement is shared IB network as of now. We have developed a Neutron ML2 driver that manages the IB subnet[1].
>
> Regardless of that, I think my current issue is because the cloud-init is not able to recognize the port as IB port. How did it work for you? You can see my ironic port details.
>

> [1] https://opendev.org/x/networking-omnipath/

I see, you didn't mention that you are using Omnipath which is based
on IB but has differences.

Here's the relevant code in cloudinit:
https://github.com/canonical/cloud-init/blob/9bfb2ba7268e2c3c932023fc3d3020cdc6d6cc18/cloudinit/net/__init__.py#L785.
In order for an interface to be picked up, it needs to have a type of
32 and the ethernet format MAC address of the port must match bytes
13-15 and 18-20 of the IB hardware address.