[all][tc] What happened in OpenStack Governance recently

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Tue Jan 21 14:44:19 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

It's official, the V release will be codenamed Victoria! The TC is now
working on declaring its runtimes [A].

The TC has merged a change in its charter, establishing new rules for
the future terms [B]. This will give us leeway for elections and term
lengths.

The cycle goals selection schedule was made clearer, so that we don't
add goals to the teams too late in the future [C]. We have selected the
'project specific PTL and contributor guides' as an official goal for
Ussuri. I invite you to read the update of Ghanshyam Mann
(gmann) to follow what's going on for our Ussuri goals [D].
You should also have a look at the zuul legacy migration [G], as it
could eventually be selected as a V goal :)

In terms of release naming, we'll start the W naming process soon,
because we know that naming things are hard [E].

If you're interested by security policy, you can have a look at
Jeremy's patch [F].

In terms of projects:
    - There is a new official charm, for watcher [H]
    - js-openstack-lib is now part of the openstacksdk team [I]
    - there is a new neutron project, ovn-octavia-provider [J]
    - the ansible-sig got a new repository, ansible-plugin-container-
connection [K]
    - Justin Ferrieu is the PTL for Cloudkitty for the rest of the
cycle [L]
    - sushi-cli is now part of the ironic team [M]

Happy new year to our Chinese community!

Regards,
Jean-Philippe & Rico

[A]: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693743/
[B]: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699277/