[qa][stable][tempest-plugins]: Tempest & plugins py2 jobs failure for stable branches (1860033: the EOLing python2 drama)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 17 04:10:05 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-16 22:02:05 -0600 (-0600), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> Second option is to install the tempest and plugins in py3 env on
> py2 jobs also. This should be an easy and preferred way.
[...]

This makes more sense anyway. Tempest and its plug-ins are already
segregated from the system with a virtualenv due to conflicts with
stable branch requirements, so hopefully switching that virtualenv
to Python 3.x for all jobs is trivial (but I won't be surprised to
learn there are subtle challenges hidden just beneath the surface).
--
Jeremy Stanley