DR options with openstack

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 03:35:50 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 2:25 PM Tony Pearce <tony.pearce at cinglevue.com>
wrote:

> With regards to IRC - in my experience, once you get passed the
> authentication problems and often session timeout/kick out, you see the
> chat room with 300 people but no one chatting or answering. Kind of reduces
> the worth of the chatroom this way in my opinion. Although, I am in
> Australia so the timezone I am in could be a contributor.

I'm also in Australia, but my IRC experience has been different from yours.
I find that the individual, project-specific OpenStack IRC channels are a
great resource, often attended by really helpful experts.
'openstack-ansible' 'openstack-ironic' 'openstack-qa' etc.

Also, I keep a teeny tiny VM running in Google's cloud (AU 20 cents a
month) to run quassel core so I have a 24/7 IRC connection to channels I
watch so that people can reply to me while I'm asleep and I can catch up
the next day.

--
MC