[tc][all] Updates on Ussuri cycle community-wide goals

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Jan 15 23:01:01 UTC 2020

 ---- On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 17:41:57 -0600 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Tue, 29 Oct 2019 10:20:43 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  > Hello Everyone,
 >  >
 >  > We have two goals with their champions ready for review. Please review and provide your feedback on Gerrit.
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > 1.  Add goal for project specific PTL and contributor guides -     Kendall Nelson
 >  >  - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691737/
 >  >
 >  > 2. Propose a new goal to migrate all legacy zuul jobs - Luigi Toscano
 >  > - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691278/
 >  >

 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > From the Forum and PTG discussions[1], we agreed to proceed with below two goals for the Ussuri cyle.
 >
 > 1.  Drop Python 2.7 Support - Already Accepted.
 > Patches on almost all services are up for review and merge[2]. Merge those fast to avoid your projects gate
 > break due to cross projects dropping py2.
 >
 > 2. Project Specific New Contributor & PTL Docs - Under Review
 > The goal patch is under review. Feel Free to provide your feedback on https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691737/
 >
 > 'migrate all legacy zuul job' is pre-selected as V cycle goal and under review in
 >  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691278/

This is the final update of Ussuri cycle community-wide goals selection.  2nd community-wide goal for the
Ussuri cycle has been merged today.  Below two are the final goals for this cycle[1]:

1.  Drop Python 2.7 Support - In-progress
- https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/ussuri/drop-py27.html

2. Project Specific New Contributor & PTL Docs - Selected for Ussuri.
- https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/ussuri/project-ptl-and-contrib-docs.htm

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/ussuri/index.html

-gmann