[deployment][kolla][tripleo][osa][docs] Intro to OpenStack

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 09:33:00 UTC 2020

> "This guide covers step-by-step deployment of the major OpenStack
> services using a functional example architecture suitable for new users
> of OpenStack with sufficient Linux experience. This guide is not
> intended to be used for production system installations, but to create a
> minimum proof-of-concept for the purpose of learning about OpenStack."
>
> And then comes the above cited.
>
> We can change the text and point to the deployment pages if you want.

Yup, that's true but somehow the effect is opposite.
It would be better if we mentioned deployment tools in this place as
well, I agree.
This paragraph deserves a little rewrite.

Though I would opt also for renovation of the OpenStack foundation page
in that respect - it's there were interested parties gather and are guided
to deploy OpenStack with the installation guide.

Installation guide is in "Deploy OpenStack", devstack is in "Try OpenStack".
I think both really belong to "Try OpenStack" (the installation guide
should just add "the harder way" :-) ).

I did not investigate yet how to propose a change there and, tbh, I don't
have a concrete idea how to make it so that deployment tools are really
visible w/o the notion they are something 3rd party and not cared about.

> > Extra for Kolla and OSA:
> > https://docs.openstack.org/train/deploy/
> > seems we no longer deploy OpenStack since Train.
>
> It was not ready when be branched it - and nobody added it to the index
> page, see https://docs.openstack.org/doc-contrib-guide/doc-index.html,

Ah, thanks. We will add it to Kolla procedures then.

-yoctozepto