[tripleo] rocky builds

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Jan 14 14:44:38 UTC 2020

On 1/14/20 8:36 AM, Brent Eagles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2020-01-10 1:42 p.m., Wesley Hayutin wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I've confirmed that builds from the Rocky release will no longer be
>> imported.  Looking for input from the upstream folks with regards to
>> maintaining the Rocky release for upstream.  Can you please comment
>> if you have any requirement to continue building, patching Rocky as I
>> know there are active reviews [1].  I've added this topic to be
>> discussed at the next meeting [2]
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

>> [1]
>> https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+tripleo+branch:stable/rocky
>> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-meeting-items
>
> Am I correct in that this only applies to rocky and we will continue
> to build and run CI on queens?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brent

Rocky is still in the Maintained phase:

https://releases.openstack.org/#release-series

Older stable branches are in extended maintenance, so if the plan is to
not support them anymore, that needs to be declared, with six months
allowed for someone else to have a window to offer to continue providing
that extended maintenance:

https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#maintenance-phases

After the six months, if no one offers to maintain the code, it can then
be marked as EOL.