[infra][stable] python3 is used by default in older stable branches

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Jan 10 09:50:51 UTC 2020

On 10/01/2020 07.55, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The horizon team recently noticed that python3 is used as a default
> python interpreter in older stable branches like pike or ocata.
> For example, horizon pep8 job in stable/pike and stable/ocata fails [1][2].
> We also noticed that some jobs which are expected to run with python2
> (using the tox default interpreter as of the release) are now run with
> python3 [3].

Do you know what changed? I don't remember any intended change here, so
I'm curious why this happens suddenly.

https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/0615d1df250144e6a137f0615c25ce66/logs
from 27th of December already shows this on rocky

https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/085c0d9ea5d8466099eef3bb0ffb2213
from the 18th of December uses python 2.7.

Andreas

--
 Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg