[tc][uc][all] Starting community-wide goals ideas for V series

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Feb 26 17:47:10 UTC 2020

 ---- On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 12:39:17 -0600 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 > Hello everyone,
 >
 > We are in R14 week of Ussuri cycle which means It's time to start the
 > discussions about community-wide goals ideas for the V series.
 >
 > Community-wide goals are important in term of solving and improving a technical
 > area across OpenStack as a whole. It has lot more benefits to be considered from
 > users as well from a developers perspective. See [1] for more details about
 > community-wide goals and process.
 >
 > We have the Zuulv3 migration goal already accepted and pre-selected for v cycle.
 > If you are interested in proposing a goal, please write down the idea on this etherpad[2]
 > - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-v-series-goals
 >
 > Accordingly, we will start the separate ML discussion over each goal idea.
 >
 > Also, you can refer to the backlogs of community-wide goals from this[3] and ussuri
 > cycle goals[4].

Updates:
We have zuulv3 migration goal selected for V cycle[1] and waiting for more goals
proposal.

For V cycle, we need one more goal to select, please do not wait or hesitate to
propose something you think we should solve in OpenStack as a whole community.
You can write your idea on this etherpad
- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-v-series-goals

NOTE: As per the new process[2], we can have as many goals proposed and
we pick two goals per cycle. Do not limit yourself to propose your goal ideas
which can be selected for V or future cyle.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/selected/victoria/index.html
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/#process-details

-gmann & njohnston