Restarting neutron-l3-agent service

Grant Morley grant at civo.com
Wed Feb 26 14:46:56 UTC 2020

Hi all,

We are currently seeing an issue where neutron isn't setting up ports
correctly on routers. We think we have narrowed it down to the
"neutron-l3-agent" on the neutron nodes that is causing the issue.

We are wanting to restart the service but was wondering if doing so it
would cause any issues with currently running instances?

We have 2 neutron nodes in HA mode ( one active and one standby ).
Currently the issue is only affecting newly built instances, so we don't
want to restart the service in hours if it is going to cause issues with
instances that are currently unaffected.

We are running on OpenStack Queens and have built the platform using OSA.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards,