[manila] share group replication spike/questions

Dong.Ding at dell.com Dong.Ding at dell.com
Tue Feb 25 02:14:13 UTC 2020

Hi, guys,
As we talked about the topic in a virtual PTG few months ago.
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/shanghai-ptg-manila-virtual (Support promoting several shares in group (DELL EMC: dingdong)

I'm trying to write a manila-spec for it.
It's my first experience to implement such feature in framework.
I need to double check with you something, and hope you can give me some guides like:

1.                Where is the extra-spec defined for group/group type, it's in Manila repo, right? (like manila.db.sqlalchemy.models....)

2.                The command cli should be implemented for 'python-manilaclinet' repo, right?  (I have never touched this repo before)

3.                Where is the rest-api should be implemented?

4.                And more tips you have? like any other related project should be changed?
Just list what I know, and more details questions will be raised when implementing, I think.
FYI
Thanks,
Ding Dong