[CINDER] Distributed storage alternatives

Donny Davis donny at fortnebula.com
Sun Feb 23 06:16:04 UTC 2020

I use local NVME storage for FortNebula. Its very fast, and for "cloudy"
things I prefer availability of data to be above the infrastructure layer.
I used to use Ceph for all things, but in my experience... if performance
is  a requirement, local storage is pretty hard to beat.
I am in the process of moving the object store to ceph, and all seems to be
well in terms of performance using ceph for that use case.

--
~/DonnyD
C: 805 814 6800