[openstack-helm][neutron] neutron-dhcp-agent stuck in Init state

Sanjay K isanjayk5 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 14:59:24 UTC 2020

Hi All,
I am trying to deploy openstack services using helm charts in my k8s
cluster. My cluster is having  4 nodes - 1 k8s master, 1 controller and 2
compute nodes. I am using helm v3.0.3  for openstack stein. I have already
deployed the below charts in my cluster successfully in the respective
order -

ingress, mariadb, rabbitmq, memcached, keystone, glance and then neutron.

For mariadb, rabbitmq and glance, I am using PV and PVC in my local storage
while deploying. All are ok until I deploy neutron. After deployment, all
neutron pods works well except *neutron-dhcp-agent-default pod *which
remains in Init:0/2 state.

The pod description shows it has dependencies shown as -
      DEPENDENCY_SERVICE:
 openstack:rabbitmq,openstack:neutron-server,openstack:nova-api
      DEPENDENCY_JOBS:             neutron-rabbit-init

pods state-
NAME                                          READY   STATUS      RESTARTS
  AGE
glance-api-b575ff7c-qp7wt                     1/1     Running     0
 132m
glance-bootstrap-zjtw9                        0/1     Completed   0
 132m
glance-db-init-86xgk                          0/1     Completed   0
 132m
glance-db-sync-z9p9l                          0/1     Completed   0
 132m
glance-ks-endpoints-wwm59                     0/3     Completed   0
 132m
glance-ks-service-vs92t                       0/1     Completed   0
 132m
glance-ks-user-znn88                          0/1     Completed   0
 132m
glance-metadefs-load-g685b                    0/1     Completed   0
 132m
glance-rabbit-init-648w8                      0/1     Completed   0
 132m
glance-storage-init-jdlx2                     0/1     Completed   0
 132m
ingress-8f98f7d96-llkwl                       1/1     Running     0
 3h42m
ingress-error-pages-84647d8fcb-6j6bz          1/1     Running     0
 3h42m
keystone-api-5785f4787-lz296                  1/1     Running     0
 154m
keystone-bootstrap-6tcdx                      0/1     Completed   0
 154m
keystone-credential-setup-d9js5               0/1     Completed   0
 154m
keystone-db-init-zsgbj                        0/1     Completed   0
 154m
keystone-db-sync-z8hfk                        0/1     Completed   0
 154m
keystone-domain-manage-nk48h                  0/1     Completed   0
 154m
keystone-fernet-setup-4pzlj                   0/1     Completed   0
 154m
keystone-rabbit-init-mlpsn                    0/1     Completed   0
 154m
mariadb-ingress-669c67b6b5-w8jxb              1/1     Running     0
 3h32m
mariadb-ingress-error-pages-d77467d69-9njgt   1/1     Running     0
 3h32m
mariadb-server-0                              1/1     Running     0
 3h32m
memcached-memcached-7b49f48865-tf6xc          1/1     Running     0
 3h11m
neutron-db-init-zpl87                         0/1     Completed   0
 109m
neutron-db-sync-plsnc                         0/1     Completed   0
 109m
neutron-dhcp-agent-default-sf76z              0/1     Init:0/2    0
 109m
neutron-ks-endpoints-jgmdv                    0/3     Completed   0
 109m
neutron-ks-service-nr5w2                      0/1     Completed   0
 109m
neutron-ks-user-lw4p4                         0/1     Completed   0
 109m
neutron-l3-agent-default-lnzk8                1/1     Running     0
 109m
neutron-lb-agent-default-44v9x                1/1     Running     0
 109m
neutron-lb-agent-default-94xw4                1/1     Running     0
 109m
neutron-lb-agent-default-whms2                1/1     Running     0
 109m
neutron-metadata-agent-default-7rbrh          1/1     Running     0
 109m
neutron-rabbit-init-qkhqm                     0/1     Completed   0
 109m
neutron-server-964fcffcb-gvv4k                1/1     Running     0
 109m
rabbitmq-cluster-wait-vjbzq                   0/1     Completed   0
 3h18m
rabbitmq-rabbitmq-0                           1/1     Running     0
 3h18m

Please guide me how to resolve this neutron-dhcp-agent pod so that I can
deploy other services after that. I have plan to deploy libvirt, nova,
cinder, horizon and ceilometer charts into my cluster.

thank you for your help and support.

best regards,
Sanjay