[manila] Core Team additions

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 23:44:04 UTC 2020

Hello Zorillas/Stackers,

I'd like to make propose some core team additions. Earlier in the
cycle [1], I sought contributors who are interested in helping us
maintain and grow manila. I'm happy to report that we had an fairly
enthusiastic response. I'd like to propose two individuals who have
stepped up to join the core maintainers team. Bear with me as I seek
to support my proposals with my personal notes of endorsement:

Victoria Martinez de la Cruz - Victoria has been contributing to
Manila since it's inception. She has played various roles during this
time and has contributed in significant ways to build this community.
She's been the go-to person to seek reviews and collaborate on for
CephFS integration, python-manilaclient, manila-ui maintenance and
support for the OpenStack client. She has also brought onboard and
mentored multiple interns on the team (Fun fact: She was recognized as
Mentor of Mentors [2] by this community). It gives me great joy that
she agreed to help maintain the project as a core maintainer.

Carlos Eduardo - Carlos has made significant contributions to Manila
for the past two releases. He worked on several feature gaps with the
DHSS=True driver mode, and is now working on graduating experimental
features that the project has been building since the Newton release.
He performs meaningful reviews that drive good design discussions. I
am happy to note that he needed little mentoring to start reviewing
the OpenStack Way [3] - this is a dead give away to me to spot a
dedicated maintainer who cares about growing the community, along with
the project.

Please give me your +/- 1s for this proposal.

Thank you,
Goutham Pacha Ravi (gouthamr)

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-October/009910.html
[2] https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-community-contributor-awards-recognize-unsung-heroes/