[nova] API updates week 20-7

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Feb 13 17:38:30 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

Please find the Nova API updates of this week. Please add if I missed any BPs/API related work.

API Related BP :
============

COMPLETED:
1. Add image-precache-support spec:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/image-precache-support

Code Ready for Review:
------------------------------
1. Nova API policy improvement
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/policy-defaults-refresh+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: API till D is covered and ready for review. Fixed 5 bugs in policy while working on new defaults.
- Review guide over ML - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-August/008504.html

2. Non-Admin user can filter their instance by availability zone:
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/non-admin-filter-instance-by-az+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Code under review. efried needs to remove his -2 now as spec is merge

3. Boot from volume instance rescue
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/virt-bfv-instance-rescue+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Code is in progress. Lee Yarwood has removed the WIP from patches so ready for review.

4. Add action event fault details
-Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/action-event-fault-details+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Spec is merged and code is ready for review.

Specs are merged and code in-progress:
------------------------------ ------------------
- None

Spec Ready for Review or Action from Author:
1. Support specifying vnic_type to boot a server
-Spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/672400/
- Weekly Progress: Stephen summarized the comment about not in scope of nova. I will remove it from this list from next report.

2. Allow specify user to reset password
-Spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682302/5
- Weekly Progress: One +2 on this but other are disagree on this idea. More discussion on review.

3. Support re-configure deleted_on_termination in server
-Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580336/
- Weekly Progress: This is old spec and there is no consensus on this till now.

Others:
1. None

Bugs:
====
I started fixing policy bugs while working on policy-defaults-refresh BP. 5 bugs have been identified till now and fix up for review.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=policy-defaults-refresh

NOTE- There might be some bug which is not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in the above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

-gmann