[queens]neutron][metadata] configuration

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 10:38:57 UTC 2020

Hi,

In case of such isolated networks, You can configure neutron to serve metadata in dhcp namespace and that it will set route to 169.254.169.254 via dhcp port’s IP address.
Please check config options: [1] and [2]

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/configuration/dhcp-agent.html#DEFAULT.enable_isolated_metadata
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/configuration/dhcp-agent.html#DEFAULT.force_metadata

> On 13 Feb 2020, at 11:19, Ignazio Cassano <ignaziocassano at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone, in my installation of Queees I am using many provider networks. I don't use openstack router but only dhcp.
> I would like my instances to reach the metadata agent without the 169.154.169.254 route, so I would like the provider networks to directly reach the metadata agent on the internal api vip.
> How can I get this configuration?
> Thank you
> Ignazio

—