[all][requirements][monasca][gnocchi][kolla] ujson, not maintained for over 4 years, has compiler issues

Witek Bedyk witold.bedyk at suse.com
Wed Feb 5 09:17:18 UTC 2020

Hi,

we're using ujson in Monasca for serialization all over the place. While
changing it to any other alternative is probably a drop-in replacement,
we have in the past chosen to use ujson because of better performance.
It is of great importance, in particular in persister. Current
alternatives include orjson [1] and rapidjson [2]. We're going to
measure which of them works best for our use case and how much faster
they are compared to standard library module.

Assuming there is a significant performance benefit, is there any
preference from requirements team which one to include in global
requirements? I haven't seen any distro packages for any of them.

[1] https://pypi.org/project/orjson/
[2] https://pypi.org/project/python-rapidjson/

Best greetings
Witek