Problem with juju osd deploy

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Tue Feb 4 21:06:18 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 3:00 PM Alain Vivó <doriamgray89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to deploy ceph-osd with juju for the openstack installation  in this guide
> https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/charm-deployment-guide/rocky/install-juju.html

Hi Alain,

This guide has recently been entirely refreshed. The new changes are
visible by going to:

https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/charm-deployment-guide

> but, when i depoy ceph-osd and ceph-mon, osd not acquire sdv disk, my 4 nodes have a sdb  with 2 TB, but vm not add this storage.

You will need to set option 'osd-devices' (on the CLI or by a YAML
file) to the devices found on your OSD nodes. The default is just
/dev/vdb.

> And another question, osd should not be installed on the host?

If you have device /dev/sdb on machine X and /dev/sdb is listed by
'osd-devices' then deploying
the ceph-osd charm on machine X should do everything for you (/dev/sdb
will be initialised for use as an OSD).

Peter Matulis