[manila] Manila Drivers and CI Status

Douglas viroel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:33:03 UTC 2020

Hi all,

In the past months we have been analyzing drivers that are not reporting
any status on patches submitted to the master branch of the
openstack/manila repository [1].
We would like to request to driver maintainers to pay attention on the
following warnings:

1. CI's that are not running and qualifying changes on master branch will
be marked as `Not Qualified` on Manila's wiki page [2]. This annotation
should help clarify to deployers/operators what drivers have been tested. A
link to this will be created within Manila's administrator and user
documentation [3].
2. Python runtimes for Train and Ussuri cycles have been published by the
OpenStack TC and we expect vendor CIs to adhere to these [4][5]. That said,
no CIs should be running master (Ussuri) with python < 3.6.
3. If your CI system, and recheck trigger are missing from the Third Party
CI wiki page [6], please add it.

As has been the norm, no vendor driver changes will be allowed to merge
without Third Party CI assuring us that the change has been tested for
regressions.

If you have any questions/concerns regarding CI and testing your drivers,
please reach out to us here (openstack-discuss at lists.openstack.org) or on
#openstack-manila

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dBSCqtQKoyFMX6oWTahhP9Z133NRFW3ynezq1CItx8M/edit#gid=0